but no symptoms of coronavirus infection so far
All quiet in mainland Portugal: The mainland edition of the Diario reports that the 20 people who are in prophylactic isolation at the Pulido Valente Hospital in Lisbon, due to the new coronavirus (2019-nCov) outbreak, remain in good health and have no symptoms of infection, said Health Director-General Graça Freitas today.
“They are all well and asymptomatic (…), in a stable and peaceful situation,” said Graça Freitas, at a press conference in Lisbon, where a new assessment was made of the outbreak of acute respiratory disease by the new coronavirus in China.
The group of citizens – 18 Portuguese and two Brazilian – arrived on Sunday at the military airport of Figo Maduro, in Lisbon. They were all in the Chinese city of Wuhan, the epicentre of the outbreak. With their consent, they will be under prophylactic isolation for the duration of the incubation period (until the appearance of infection symptoms) of the new coronavirus. The 14-day period ends in mid-February.
Graça Freitas reaffirmed today that the group will do new screening tests for 2019-nCov on the eve of the end of the isolation. The first analyzes gave a negative result. On Thursday, the four people who were in isolation in facilities at Parque Saúde in Lisbon were transferred, at their request, to the Pulido Valente Hospital, joining the remaining 16.