New viewpoint in Câmara de Lobos

Fonte Simão viewpoint offers a new perspective

The Journal reports that mayors of Câmara de Lobos, Pedro Coelho and Celso Bettencourt visiting the renovation works at Fonte Simão path, which includes the recovery of 250 metres of pavement and laying of balconies, together with the construction of a new gazebo.

This was a project submitted by the Câmara de Lobos Parish Council under PRODERAM, the Madeiran Rural Development Agency, which represents an investment of about €97,000, 70% funded by the agency and the remaining 30% by the Câmara de Lobos City Council.

Fonte Simão viewpoint offers a new perspective on the Rancho and Caldeira agricultural landscape. According to Celso Bettencourt, “more than just a tourist asset for the county, the viewpoint will offer the local  population, consisting mostly of the elderly, a point for the community to socialise”

Leave a comment